Create a legacy of student support.
Your planned gift can transform lives forever by supporting scholarships, emergency funding, programs, equipment and more at Olympic College. The OC Foundation is a founding member of Leave 10 for Kitsap, an initiative that aims to strengthen our community and transform more of our region’s residents into philanthropists by educating and inspiring them to leave at least 10 percent of their estates to charity. Click here to learn about all the ways to give or contact the Foundation office at 360-475-7120 or by email.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our tax I.D. number is 91-1595274.
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights.
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purpose for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Developed by Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits.
Endorsed by Independent Sector, National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC), National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG), Council for Resource Development (CRD) and the United Way of America.