Create an Annual Scholarship
Transform a life by creating a one-time or annually renewable scholarship fund with a gift of at least $1,000. The scholarship may be renewed each year with an additional donation and the fund can carry your name, the name of a loved one or the name of an organization. You’ll receive letters from the recipient(s) of your scholarship.
Create an Endowed Scholarship
Your gift of $25,000 or more can create a scholarship endowment that will transform the lives of Olympic College students for generations to come. The principal will be invested in perpetuity to provide permanent funding for scholarships in your name or the name of a loved one or an organization of your choice. You’ll receive letters from the recipient(s) of your scholarship.
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights.
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purpose for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Developed by Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits.
Endorsed by Independent Sector, National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC), National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG), Council for Resource Development (CRD) and the United Way of America.