alling all current and prospective OC students! Don’t let finances keep you from achieving your educational dreams. The Olympic College Foundation is giving away $300,000 in scholarships for the 2021-22 school year.
Applications are open now at olympic.awardspring.com. Deadlines range from Feb. 26 to Apr. 30. Applying early increases your chances of earning free $$$.
The Foundation awards more than 200 scholarships each year. In 2020-21, the average student earned $2,200 or about half a full-time student’s tuition and fees for a year.
Each of our scholarships has different criteria set by the donors. Are you a first-generation college student? Education major? Planning a career in STEM? We have scholarships especially for YOU.
Check out this partial list of scholarships organized by category and go to olympic.awardspring.com to be matched with scholarships that are the best fit for you. Learn more on the Foundation’s scholarship page.
- BUSINESS & FINANCE – Cascade Natural Gas, Helen Langer Smith & Dr. Meredith P. Smith, Kitsap Bank, Olympic College Business, Sloan Myers Memorial
- EDUCATION – Almarie King Education, Charlotte Thompson Magelssen-AAUW, Ruth Jamieson Memorial
- MUSIC – David Bearden Music, Faye W. Bichon Memorial, Sheila Ullock Memorial
- STEM – Croswaite Family, Edith M. Gideon Memorial, Glen H. Butler, James & Emily Johnson Math, Science & Engineering, J.S. & Clara S. Kenyon Memorial, John F. and Jennie E. Snypp, Robert B. Stewart Memorial, Van Zee Engineering Scholarship, William & Sandra Walgren Science
- PROFESSIONAL-TECHNICAL – Anthony’s Culinary Arts, Herbert G. Goodman Prof-Tech, OC Prof-Tech Scholarships sponsored by Bainbridge Island Rotary, Peters Pyatt Culinary Arts, Scott Jacob Carlson Memorial
- FIRST-GENERATION COLLEGE STUDENT – Bernice Mitchell, Joseph H. and Mary J. Ramaker Memorial
- SHELTON & MASON COUNTY – Joseph & Georgina Boyles Memorial, Lawrence I. Gosser Memorial, Raymond Schwietering Memorial
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 360-900-7586.